Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

BREAKING NEWS

7/recent/ticker-posts

Pak Aims T20I record in West Indies to remains unbroken.

Immediate third place with 263 points will be achieved in case of a clean sweep victory for Pakistan.


Photo Courtesy PCB


The Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados, will host the first of a four-match T20I series between West Indies and Pakistan on Wednesday. Pakistan have dominated the West Indies in the last five bilateral T20I series, winning four of them.

A one-off T20I between Pakistan and West Indies was won by West Indies back in 2011, but Pakistan has had the upper hand thereafter. Pakistan have won 11 of the 14 T20I matches they have played so far, and have only lost three. The Pakistani team has won five matches and lost two in the West Indies, where seven of the matches have been played.

Pakistan won the three-match T20I series played at the National Stadium Karachi in 2018.

They played a T20I series on Caribbean soil just last year. The visitors won the four-match series by a 3-0 margin.

West Indies are ranked sixth in the current ICC Men's T20I Team Rankings with 235 points.

The third-place finisher will be Pakistan in the event of a clean sweep.

While Babar Azam is rated number two among hitters, his opening partner Mohammad Rizwan is ranked seventh. Evin Lewis, the West Indies' opener, is ranked eight.

Among T20I bowlers, Fabian Allen, a left-arm spinner from the West Indies, is rated 10th, while Pakistan's Shaheen Shah Afridi is placed 13th in the rankings.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement